Super easy yam fries!
These have become a favourite in my household. They are quick, satisfying, and fail proof!
Unless you don’t take them out of the oven then they will burn.
I discovered how to make these a long time ago and haven’t been able to stop!
You can also use the same recipe for sweet potato fries
Super Easy Yam Fries
- 1 Yam
- Sea Salt
- Himalayan Salt optional
- Almond Oil or Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with tin foil
- Peel the yam
- Cut in half, then cut each half into fry like stripsUse a sharp knife!
- Place the uncooked yam fries on the baking sheet.
- Cover in Almond oil. Just enough that the spices will stick
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and spread out the fries evenly on the baking sheet. If you want them to cook faster and not be soggy don't have them touching.
- If you'd like sprinkle some himalayan salt on top of the mixture
- Place in the oven and cook until desired. I cook them for approx. 20 minutes
- After about 10 minutes check and flip your fries
- Take them out when they begin to crisp and enjoy!