I grew up in a very European home and one thing we would have is kartoffelpuffer also known as potato pancakes. They are amazing but I choose to no longer eat potatoes due to the added toxins they carry that I don’t want in my body. I also know that they are a labour of love and when done right take a lot of time and effort.
Well one day I wanted some kartoffelpuffer that I could eat! I found this recipe which was originally made with sweet potatoes, I am sure just as good! I just happen to prefer yams as they are sweeter and have more flavour to them.
These are super filling, easy to make and taste amazing!
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups Shredding Yam
- Shred the yam or sweet potato with a food processor or a by hand with a grater.
- Mix all the other ingredients, eggs, coconut flour, cinnamon, ground ginger and sea salt in a bowl
- Add the shredded yam in and stir together until well combined
- Over medium-low heat in a pan with almond or coconut oil, spoon the batter into cakes
- Cook until brown on each side
- Make with carrot for a low carb option
- Simple to reheat later
- Can also be made as an alternative to burger buns